Thursday 21 January 2016

Amy Schummer Defends Herself Against Joke Theft Claims

Amy Schummer is not new to allegation of similar jokes as critics raised allegations of similarities between late comedian Patrice O'Neal's jokes and that used by Schummer on  HBO special 'Amy Schummer: Live at the Apollo'.
there has been fresh allegations however, as Wendy Liebman, Kathleen Madigan and Tammy Pescatelli  took to Twitter to discuss alleged similarities between their jokes and ones that Schumer has used in her Comedy Central series, 'Inside Amy Schumer', and movie, 'Trainwreck'. Schummer however has come out to defend herself as she told fellow comedian Jim Norton on his SiriusXM show "I'm being accused of stealing jokes and I wanted to come and talk to you about it and clear my name," "I would never, ever do that and I never have," Schumer told Norton. "I'm literally going to take a polygraph test and put it on my show this season, and I promise, whatever the results are  I won't let them cut  I will show that I had never, never seen Patrice do that bit. I had definitely never seen Tammy Pescatelli do that."

0 comments:

Post a Comment