Monday 16 October 2023

Natasha Jonas Breaks Barriers: UK's First Black Female Boxing Manager

British boxer Natasha Jonas became the first black female boxing manager in the UK after obtaining a British Boxing Board of Control manager’s licence. 

The 39-year-old British will work with flyweight Mikie Tallon ahead of his professional debut against Sean Jackson in Manchester this weekend.

According to Natasha, “All my life I’ve always believed in myself and I’ve never allowed myself to give up, “I’ve not consciously set out to be first to do anything, I just knew that I wanted to break down barriers and not be scared to do anything just because it hadn’t been done before. That being said, one thing I do like about being first is that it makes you part of history and nobody can take that away from you.”

Natasha Jonas with Mikie Tallon
Natasha Jonas with Mikie Tallon



0 comments:

Post a Comment